Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spontaneous Love

Just a funny little joke from one of my favorite TV shows, The Big Bang Theory -- a show that always gives me laughs.

"So this physicist goes into an ice cream parlour every week and orders an ice cream sundae for himself, and then offers one to the empty stool sitting next to him. This goes on for a while until the owner finally asks him what he’s doing. The man says, 'Well, I’m a physicist, and quantum mechanics teaches us that it is possible for the matter above this stool to spontaneously turn into a beautiful woman who might accept my offer and fall in love with me.' The owner then says, 'Well, lots of single, beautiful women come in here every day, why don’t you buy an ice cream for one of them, and they might fall in love with you?' And the physicist says, 'Yeah, but what are the odds of that happening?'" 
-- Penny, from the episode "The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition"

No comments:

Post a Comment