Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 8 in LA - Universal Studios & Madame Tussauds

Universal Studios Hollywood!!! Smaller than the one in Orlando, Florida, but still not bad. After a metro and shuttle ride, we made it in the park shortly after it opened!
Then we headed straight for The Revenge of the Mummy ride with no line waiting!
Still early, still no line. So we went on The Mummy again...
 I didn't exactly want to go on the Jurrasic Park River Adventure ride and get wet, but my friend convinced me. Still, no lines and we got straight on. We made sure to sit in the exact middle to avoid getting wet as much as possible. Yes, we became those girls...screaming as the plastic dinosaurs spit streams of water at us and the waterfalls fell all around us. I'm sorry, but it was still the beginning of the day and I didn't feel like ruining my hair already...as lame as that sounds. I looked pretty pathetic shielding my hair and lifting myself slightly off my seat as we made the 85ft near-vertical plunge into the water below. But hey, it worked. We took this picture right after the drop, and the hair is still looking good!
Next: The Studio Tour. Here, we had to wait in line...and a fight almost broke out between two foreign families. Seriously guys, no cutting in line...you only would've saved like five seconds anyways. Gotta say though: Universal Studios' working backlot is definitely the best attraction at the park. And I was very impressed with the King Kong 360 3D--the dinosaurs were literally attacking from all sides!
Browsing around the gift shops...
 We also visited Terminator 2: 3D, The Special Effects Stage, and The NBC Universal Experience before heading out for the day.
 Afterwards, we made our way over to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. If you've never heard of Madame Tussauds, it's an interactive (you can literally pose with the figures) wax museum with locations all around the world and basically features waxworks of historical figures, film and entertainment stars, sports stars, etc. Trust me, it's an incredible experience, and each location features different works, so you get some awesome variety! I've visited the museum in Las Vegas (where you can pose like you're marrying George Clooney) and this was my first time at the one in Hollywood. Madame Tussauds never ceases to amaze me with their incredible work. But make sure you never come alone -- Gotta have someone to take your picture as you pose with the figures!

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt:
Director Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho
 William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk, Star Trek
 Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester, Glee
Director Martin Scorsese. This is a candid...I just wanted to take a peek at the script he was holding.
Lance Armstrong. Seeing as I still don't know how to ride a bike...I'm glad this one is stationary.
Iron Man, duh. With a little help from Photoshop...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and poses from Madame Tussauds'! =D

    ReplyDelete