Monday, August 1, 2011

The Glee Project - Goodbye Cameron, You'll Be Missed!

Wow. I just finished watching the newest episode of The Glee Project, "Sexuality". By choice--not elimination--my favorite contestant, Cameron, left the show. I can't deny that I'm not super disappointed to see him go--he was literally the reason I was watching the show. But I have so much respect for him and his decision. There are so few true Christians within the realm of Hollywood, and it was such a blessing to see him--so real, so talented, so unique, and so strong in his convictions--do so well in the competition and stay true to himself. 

I only started watching the show a few episodes ago, but I immediately fell in love with him and his voice--and then finding out he was a Christian just sweetened the pot even more. His performance of "Blackbird" tonight just completely blew me away--such a beautiful, pure voice.

As a screenwriter myself, I understand why Ryan Murphy didn't want to let him go. I would write a character for him in a heartbeat--he's got an amazing voice, quirky/cute/unique look, and such an inspiring and likable personality! I'm so sad to see him leave the show, but I admire him so much for the decisions he made and sticking by what he believes.

The Glee Project wasn't right for him now, but I can't wait to see what God does have planned for his future. If I was Ryan Murphy, I'd still be knocking on Cameron's door with a role--can't let talent like that slip through your fingers! But until then, best of luck to Cameron Mitchell--I hope he continues to be a joy and inspiration to others!! Thanks for blessing us all with your music and soul! <3

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Amen!! I will definitely miss hearing Cameron's voice every week on The Glee Project.

    ReplyDelete